Guidelines for borrowing an e-bike
- Wear a helmet. If you don’t have a helmet, we’ll be happy to lend you
- Be visible. Our e-bikes have integrated lights, but we also recommend
wearing light-colored or reflective clothing.
- Start slow. If you’re not used to riding an e-bike, take some time to
get used to the pedal assist, throttle, gear shift, and brakes in a
safe place before venturing to busier or faster roads.
- Do a safety
We check each e-bike before lending it out, but we recommend
squeezing the brake levers to check the brakes before each ride.
- Watch for cars. If you ride in the bike lane, watch for opening car
doors and drivers making right turns.
- Follow charging instructions. Charge e-bike batteries as directed, and
don’t overcharge or charge batteries unattended.
Read more at https://www.bicycling.com/culture/g20085571/ride-electric-bike-safely.