Curious about e-bikes? Try one from the E-bike Lending Library!
The E-bike Lending Library is a free, not-for-profit service working to expand access to e-bikes in the area. We have a small collection of e-bikes that we lend out to community members for up to a week, for free.
E-bikes are a great way to get around the Boston area. But there are many brands and styles to choose from, and because many e-bikes are sold online, it can be a challenge to try an e-bike before buying one.
By borrowing a bike, you can experience your daily commute, go grocery shopping, or just take a bike for a spin and decide whether e-bikes are right for you. Sign up to borrow an e-bike or contact us with any questions.
The library has two pickup locations: in Somerville near Porter Square, and in Roslindale near Roslindale Village.
How it works
- Contact us to let us know which e-bike(s) you’d like to try.
- We’ll get in touch to schedule a time to borrow an e-bike.
- Visit the library in to pick up an e-bike. If you haven’t ridden an e-bike before, expect this to take 15-30 minutes, or longer if you want to try more than one e-bike.
- Enjoy e-biking for up to a week, then bring the e-bike back to the library.
- You can borrow an e-bike more than once, or borrow multiple e-bikes.